Sunday, May 01, 2005

 
A Right Royal Rakkas...



Told you interesting and altogether unexpected developments were afoot a few days ago. Now the truth is out. I've been dragged kicking and screaming into Pitchfork's clutches. Well, not quite, they asked very nicely, so I was glad to start writing a monthly ragga column for them. I'm joined by a good crew, my buddy Phil Sherburne will be writing about techno next week and as for the rest, I'll leave that to Scott, the site's excellent managing editor, to let you know, but there's more where we came from.
Check the column and you'll see that I'm loving South Rakkas Crew's Sticky-influenced Bionic Ras, now finally out on 7" after a good couple of months of hype. I've said all that needs to be said over there, so read it, come back and wrap yer ears around these.

Spring Break - Sizzla

Goodas - Vybz Kartel & Marlene

Lock Off Anthem - Gabriel