Friday, April 15, 2005

 
News (Passing It On And Being In It)

Firstly, if you're wondering why Breaking Ranks has been so quiet, it's because I had an unfortunate accident a couple of weeks ago (I'll say as little as possible about it because it's embarrasing - ok, ok I fell over, but I *was* sober), and did my back a right mischief which has led to me being stuck on the couch, sozzled on a pile of turbo painkillers, watching too much daytime TV and saying "ouchbloodyhellshitbastardthathurts" a lot.
Secondly, if the pictures disappear from this blog, it's because of recent crazymental traffic, thanks to The Guardian linking up The Ranks, Tofu Hut and a bunch of others. Always nice when the national press takes a bit of interest in what goes on here, so big up Chris Alden and welcome to all you new visitors - I hope you'll enjoy what you find.
Now that I can get out of the house, tonight I'll be hotfooting it down to the Heatwave dance at the Rhythm Factory in Whitechapel, East London. It'll be LARGE, with a special ragga-flavoured guest MC performance from grime star Riko, of the Roll Deep crew, Gabe, Gerv, wicked reggaeton and me and some mates drinking and yelling "pull up" a bit too often.
Normal "legally grey" MP3 service resumed tomorrow.